inspired adjective
- of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

a cover song playlist.


I am a sucker for a good cover song.
Here are a few for you to enjoy:


1. Rocket Man by My Morning Jacket (Elton John Cover)
2. This Must Be the Place by Strand of Oaks (Talking Heads Cover)
3. Maps by Rogue Wave (Yeah Yeah Yeahs Cover)
4. Free Fallin' by John Mayer (Tom Petty Cover)
5. I Can't Make You Love Me by Justin Vernon (Bonnie Raitt Cover)
6. Where Is My Mind by Maxence Cyrin (The Pixies Cover)
7. Against All Odds by The Postal Service (Phil Collins Cover)
8. My Boys by Taken by Trees (Originally My Girls by Animal Collective)
9. Iron Man by Four Tet (Black Sabbath Cover)
10. Your Love by Bon Iver (Outfield Cover)
11. Heartbeats by Jose Gonzalez (The Knife Cover)
12. I'm On Fire by Ari Hest (Bruce Springsteen Cover)
13. Animal by Javier Dunn (Miike Snow Cover)
14. Heartless by William Fitzsimmons (Kanye West Cover)
15. Crazy by Ray LaMontagne (Gnarls Barkley Cover)
16. Kids by The Kooks (MGMT Cover)
17. Graceland by The Tallest Man on Earth (Paul Simon Cover)
18. I Want You by The Tallest Man on Earth (Bob Dylan Cover)
19. Boots of Spanish Leather by Nanci Griffith (Bob Dylan Cover)
20. Such Great Heights by Iron & Wine (The Postal Service Cover)
21. Blackbird by Brad Mehldau Trio (Original by The Beatles)
22. All Along The Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix (Bob Dylan Cover)

photo m.roman via pinterest

9 comments:

maximehmet said...

perfect list
thank u

maximehmet said...

and i shared my blog :)

tank u marry

Deidre said...

Love the list! My favourite cover is Ben harper's cover of "Aint too proud to beg" it's amazing.

A Crimson Kiss said...

This is such a perfect playlist! I bet you'd love MPBeatles, an album of various Brazilian groups covering Beatles classics-SO GOOD.

renee said...

Ah the Iron & Wine- Such Great Heights & the Maxence Cyrin- Where Is My Mind are two of my favorites!! Another one that is worth mentioning IMO is Fiona Apple's cover of Across The Universe.

<3

justwondrful.blogspot.com

Mandy said...

YAY I'm so excited about this :) :)

Eva @ Four Leaf Clover said...

Thank you for the lovely... oh, however long that playlist is, of music, Mary! Some are favorites and others are very new to me.

blake said...

Saw on the Horny Toad FB page- and love this! Thanks so much.

heather said...

I should make you a welcome back to the east coast mix of cover songs. A good cover (especially a folk cover of a hip hop song) just wrecks me!