inspired adjective
- of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

gems of the weekend.


This weekend was full of live music, good food, happy hours in tall buildings overlooking the city, bike rides, friends, and last minute things for the cross-country roadtrip back East. This included stocking up on Oregon beer to take home, filling up mason jars with snacks from the co-op for the long car ride, snagging some window panes and drawers from the Rebuilding Center for future apartment decoration ideas, and saying goodbyes. 

As much as I could have done without that last part (never been too big of a fan of goodbyes), I am thankful to take these memories with me. I will forever treasure this time spent in such a beautiful part of the country, with all that I have learned and all of the people I have met, and all of the photos, memories, and stories that I have picked up along the way. 

I will hopefully be able to post often from the road, as the camera will be in hand and my mom will be glad to know that I am alive. Journey across America round two is a go.

5 comments:

A Crimson Kiss said...

I hope the journey is wonderful, and I'm glad you had such a perfect last weekend. ¿Por quĂ© no? indeed!

Mandy said...

Awesome photos, especially that first one. Have a great trip back!

lauren natalia said...

safe travels, lady! miss you already :( but i know i'll see you at home over christmas

meg said...

I'm glad you enjoyed Portland!

www.StarHughes.com said...

Gorgeous photos!!!! Have a wonderful rest of the trip!!!